he granddaddy of first-person adventure games is back and it’s better than ever! We didn’t port the classic NES classic – we RE-IMAGINED it from the ground up, RE-DESIGNING over 90% of the puzzles and putting in more bells and whistles than you can shake a torch at! Just check out what the press is saying…
“If you want something a little different, a bit classic, and potentially ridiculously entertaining, then perhaps you should start getting hyped for Shadowgate.” – GameZone
“This isn’t a simple remake, but a full-on re-imagining of the original adventure.” – GamesRadar
“The game relishes in killing you.” – GameRevolution “It looks to preserve everything that made the original game so beloved.” – ShackNews
- First Person Adventuring: Utilize your inventory, mapping system and intuitive UI to complete your quest.
- Rooms: Tons of Beautifully illustrated rooms featuring both new and familiar locations, offering a new play experience.
- Puzzles: Lots of new and updated puzzles that seamlessly expand on the original game.
- Customized UI: Play the way you want! Use modern wheel-based icon commands, classic on-screen commands or jump into Immersive mode and auto-hide the UI elements. Create key binds, lock commands and keys and more.
- Difficulty Levels: Four different difficulty levels (from novice to expert) that actually change the game play experience and puzzle structure. For the ultimate challenge, try Ironman mode that disables saves and requires players to finish the game in one try.
- Retro Mode: Play the game like it’s 1989! Toggle on pixelated graphics, listen to Hiroyuki Masuno’s original NES chip tunes, move between rooms with pixelated transitions and follow the text in retro format.
- Storytelling: Features dramatic cut-scenes and all the same great storytelling you expect from the original creators.
- Cinematic Score: A digitally-orchestrated, dynamic soundtrack that changes with game play by composer Rich Douglas.
- Soundscapes: A complete atmospheric and puzzle-based sound design featuring hundreds of sound effects.
- Achievements: 60 in-game and Steam-based achievements to find and unlock.
- Animations: Environmental and object-specific animations and particles bring each location to life.
- Help: Need a hint? An in-game help system is just a click away.